Wednesday 28 April 2010

what the Auck?!

28/4/10
Had a realllyyy good day today. Had a great nights sleep and after sorting myself out I headed down to the hostels travel desk where a nice chap helped me sort out my tour for the next few weeks. I booked it with Magic, a tour group I was recommended to in Aus, if offers a lot more flexibility than the rigid structure of Adventure Tours and allows me to stay wherever I want for however long I want and do whatever additional activities I want aswell. I also booked my bungeeee jump :D which I will be doing it in Queenstown in the south island. Its called the Nevis bungee and is Australasia’s highest bungee with a 134m (440foot) drop and 8.5 seconds of pure freefall to the ground :D how fabulous!! As I booked it here I get the DVD of me doing it for free and a t-shirt – worth it!! Then in the afternoon I walked to the Auckland Domain which is a big green park with rugby pitches and gardens etc in the centre of Auck.. and then walked around the museum for the best part of the day. I also paid to go and watch a Maori performance which was really good. Afterwards came back to my hostel and got suckered into the vintage and charity shops (god im a sucker for another persons unwanted clothes!!) and TRIED to restrain myself but ended up buying a brand new Fiorelli bag for $12 (£6) – how could I refuse?! Only problem is getting some of this stuff home........

No comments:

Post a Comment