Thursday 8 April 2010

Merry Treckers

Day 2 - 4/4/10
Early start this morning... went down for an awesome brekkie of cereal/toast/pancakes and TEA!!! Ohhhh how I have missed tea! I needed a massive breakfast – partly because I have learnt to cram in as much food as possible whilst its readily available... and partly because today we climbed the highest mountain in Australia (impressed aren’t you!) -Mt Kosciuszko. Currently it’s the wrong season for skiing as there is zero snow about.. but the mountains are still used for mountain biking/rock climbing/hiking and other out-doorsy stuff! So we got the ski lift to the foot of the mountain and began climbing – all 13km of it. It was a really nice walk and saw some pretty impressive scenery of the Australian Alps that I didn’t expect from Australia.

After getting back down to the bottom we headed to Lakes Entrance – our place of stay for the night. After 5 hours of amazzzing scenery from the bus and very dodgy music on the bus’ iPod we finally arrived ... which is where I am right now :).. and I can honestly say... it’s bloody horrible! Ha! They’re chalet type things and it’s so bad its laughable! I think you have to see the funny side to be able to survive it. But it’s a bed and shower and roof for the night so I’m not that picky! Oh yes alsooo.. today was our first spotting of a wild kangaroo/emu and eagle :) AND ..note for future - Australia Cadbury chocolate is bloody horrible – must bring supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment