Tuesday 27 April 2010

Syd - revisited!

26/4/10
So had about 2 hours of unsettled sleep in my hostel in Darwin before my alarm went off at midnight waking me up for my shuttle bus to the airport for my 2.20am flight. Pretty good flight – flew with Jet Star, an internal Aussie airline and was lucky enough to have the next 3 seats next to me free so stretched out across them and slept for the whole 4 hours I was on the plane. Arrived in Sydney at 7am and caught a taxi to my guest house I am staying out tonight as I’m in Syd 24 hours before my flight over to New Zealand tomorrow morning. They only had a twin room with ensuite available but let me have it for a single price of $55 which is still a little outside my budget but its only for one night. Spent the majority of the day sitting in the guest house reading as im really out on the outskirts of the main city but can see the Sydney Tower in the distance- which was very weird to think I was right there in the centre of it all a month ago. Looking forward to flying out tomorrow – lady at front desk who I think may be the owner is a very sweet older woman and very eager to help and booked my taxi for me tomorrow at 5am – am also getting free breakfast here which softens the blow of the expensive nights sleep somewhat! The building itself seems years old and is called the ‘Old Rectory’...and sitting here in my room with my single lamp on im getting ever so slightly creeped out by the high ceilings and what looks like the original coving/flooring/doors etc! Looking forward to my flight tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment