Tuesday 27 April 2010

Darwin & flights

24/4/10
Feeling pretty happy today! I was so anxious about sorting out all my flights out just because as part of my STA flight ticket I have to travel to New Zealand from Sydney plus the whole debacle with the volcano ash. So last night stayed awake really late to ring the UK and sort my flights. So now am flying to Sydney on the 26th then 24 hours later flying over to Auckland in NZ – wouldn’t have minded staying a few night more in Darwin as the place is really lovely, the weather is utterly fabulous and the hostel and nightlife is pretty top-notch aswell! Treated myself today and went ‘Liane shopping’ in the Billabong store and bought a few indulgences :) I forgot how much I missed clothes shoppingggg!! Came back to the hostel and did all my laundry and sorted my backpack out – which I have learnt is actually a really mentally cleansing process to sort everything out and regroup for a few days after a long tour. Feeling really good this evening :) Booked my shuttle bus to take me at 1am tomorrow to the airport ...have a couple in my room from Ireland and UK who are really nice and chatted to them for a bit, then later meeting the Danish guys, Emil and Jacob from my tour in The Vic where we can all get a free meal. All in all very glad all my flights are and I am all organised and don’t have to worry anymore. Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment