Friday 23 April 2010

wet wet wet

Day 3 20/4/10
Currently writing this on the 24th – soo much to catch up on! OK where to start.... It hard trying to wrack my brains as to what I got up to 4 days ago! This was the last day of a 3 day tour with Chris our tour guide – of whom I ended up sitting next to the wholleee drive to Darwin listening to his irritating high-pitched nasal singing voice :| Today the group was split into 2 – those of us who wanted to take a boat ride around Katherine Gorge and those of us who wanted to do the 45min hike to the waterfall where we could swim in the water. I was one of the 6 of us who chose the wetter option of the two! We finally got to the waterfall and it was the best thing ever to take a dip into the waterfall after walking in the heat of the Northern Territory sun. We were all swimming and jumping into the water from rocks and bathing in the sun. It was laaavely!

The rest of the day was mostly spent driving North up to Darwin. When we finally arrived all us girls were in a room together overlooking the hostel pool! For an average budget hostel it was pretty nice and I went for a swim in the pool to cool off before we headed into the city for a farewell dinner where we managed to wangle 8 free pizzas. Then I volunteered myself onto stage and won my table 2 jugs of beer (accomplishment of the holiday me thinks!)Ended up staying up raaaather late this night and helping drink the beer I had previously won!

No comments:

Post a Comment