Wednesday 31 March 2010

Beach & Harbour night walks

31/3/10
Had such a brilliant day today. Although it started out quite stressfully! I went on a beach tour today organised by the hostel.. and the ONE morning I need to make sure im up early and downstairs, my body decides that it wants to sleep! So I was in a bit of a mad rush to get changed/sun creamed up and downstairs but it all worked out OK in the end :) Note to self: whoever let me under the false impression that Australia was hot all the time was lying! It was a pretty cold/wet day.. but it was still awesome as I hadn't been to any beaches yet. Our first stop off the bus was Coogee Beach.. then we walked around the coast past Gordon's Bay.. Bronte Beach where Heath Ledgers old house was (probably a little too impressed with this fact!)
and then finally Bondi Beach :) - really impressive at first sight! I started talking to a girl Rachael from Norway and she had an awesomee camera that i'v got some really nice quality photos from that put mine to shame! We stopped at Bondi for an hour and got fish & chips and I couldn't help but get myself my first deep-fried Mars bar :D ...so bad but so so good!

Classy.......

Afterwards had a little walk on the sand and headed back on the bus back to the hostel :)

After talking to Rachael, I met a girl from Scotland, Sarah who she's sharing a room with and Dani a girl from Finland (?) and we all decided to take a walk down to the harbour at night time as we were all pretty eager to see it with the lights on. It was brilliant :D and we got some really good photos. I managed to stay up later than 7pm which was an achievement for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment