Wednesday 31 March 2010

Food Glorious Fooood!

31/03/10
Today I woke up super early at 6.30 and decided that I couldn’t live on Mcdonalds anymore no matter how satisfying they are! So I got myself down to Coles (Asda type equivalent supermarket) ..but the problem was, what does someone buy who has never food shopped for themselves before and only had 4 days left in the hostel? :S I was pretty clueless to be honest.. although I think I ended up with a pretty good basket full :) box of Coles own-brand of cereal/margarine/loaf of bread/ salad/milk/cheese.. so today iv had a lovely fat bowl of coco pops and cheese on toast . It was sooo good :) Think I will top myself up with another bowl later! Unfortunately though my skin is starting to peel like some reptilian creature :(... it’s definitely NOT a good look. The weather has been so miserable and rainy today that im pretty much stuck in the hostel in the snug/TV area watching crappy TV!
Observation from Australia... there are so many Chinese/Japanese people – like literally they’re everywhere! I have probably run into more Chinese people walking the streets of Sydney than Australians. Also... quite a number of homeless people which I didn’t expect and loads of smokers... and British!

No comments:

Post a Comment