Friday 26 March 2010

numero uno




24/03/10
So here goes.. my first blog entry on my quest for greatness and divine and exciting adventures to lands afar! Am currently sitting in the departure lounge at Heathrow and waiting for my flight to open at 12.30pm. Was pretty calm all this morning and the whole thing only really hit me when I said goodbye to Mum Carly and Rob and turned the corner and in that second the realisation hit me that I was actually completely and utterly alone. The realisation that months of stress and organising had finally all come to a head and I was actually putting my plans into action and actively doing it has come as a bit of a shock!! Im OK now.. I think.
 Its currently 12.00 and my gate opens in half an hour. Im pretty eager to just get on the plane and then have my emotional breakdown! Typical though I got beeped at the metal detectors and body searched (how incriminating do I look?!)
The departure lounge is packed (loadsss of Chinese people for some reason)
Had a bit of a stress last night as I decided to leave it until the last minute to jam everything into my backpack and suddenly realised that my mantra of “travelling light” was not looking very promising. But we got there in the end. For one reason or another, my internet isn’t finding a connection here so I’m writing this on Word then will upload when am next on the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment