Friday 26 March 2010

Walkies!

27/03/10

Had a nice evening last night.. had a new guy Duncan come into our room who I got chatting to and we decided to head down to the bar and get some foood which he nicely paid for (don't worry rob, you would have been more his type than me) Chatted for a bit then went to bed as still having regular waves of extreme tiredness at bizarre times of the day!Today woke up an my usual early hour of 8am and decided to head back to the Harbour for a bit more of an explore :) Plus I wanted to head to the Sydney Library as yesterday on our city tour we were told that you could get free WiFi there.
It was a really nice walk today - minus the extreme pain from flipflops! :( I ended up walking as far as I could get around the harbour then decided to go back and across the harbour bridge to the other side and see what i could find. It was pretty brilliant - really good weather again and nice to do some more walking. I ended up buying some gifts from the souvenire shop and was surprised to find taht some of the delights they were selling were: stuffed toads (?!)...toad skin purses.. kangaroo paws and the pièce de résistance - kangaroo scrotums on key chains?! I was so confused/horrified/filled with the desire to fondle them.
Anyway back to the bridge.... half way over I found a little tour/museum of the making of the bridge which i went into which was actually really interesting - got some great shots of sydney harbour as it was so high up.


Eventually got to the otehr side and discovered a random little market which I bought a few bits from and then stumbled my way back over the bridge to the Library where I am now :) Really good day but absolutely nackerd. Am going out tonight as the hostel has organised a trip to an Australian football match (a bit like rugby apparently) so going to be there from 5 - 8pm and you get drinks in with the price of it aswell. Looking forward to it actually .. but looking forward to the prospect of my bed more! Will next update the next chance I get to come to the library - it's about 30-40 minute walk.. which isn't so bad - I am in Australia after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment