Saturday 27 March 2010

Syd--neeeeeeey

Went to the Sydney vs Saints game last night - was probably the most confusing game of any sport that i have ever witnessed! it was brilliant and good fun to go out with loads of people from my hostel but by the end of it I was equivalently as confused as when i first sat down! Unlike rugby there looks like there is absolutely zero strategy behind it. The rules are there are no rules apart from your not allowed to punch someone in the face (?!) and its a perfectly circular pitch that appeared to be split into quarters.


I was soo sleepy though I went back to the hostel and completely zonked on my bed. Woke up this morning and felt super dodgy.. then realised that I hadnt really eaten anything since i got here (3 coffees and mcdonalds pancakes in 2 days is not good for you) So I went to the hostel cafe and had a big breakfast and felt 100% better.. then nipped up the street to McDonalds where they have free Wifi and had another breakfast of burger and milkshake! Mmmmm :) Havn't really done too much today. Although I have decided that I think I will be booking myself onto a tour around Australia as oppose to travelling around myself. I went into one of the agencies today and im really looking forward to booking it. I can travel completely up the East coast and through the centre where Ayres Rock is which I was really eager to see.. only problem is it is proper expensive but I get accomodation and meals in with the price and I dont have to worry about where my next bed will be for the night or how im going to get to my nest destination - Just basically taking all of the stress out of the whole thing which I love! It sounds so good:
http://www.adventuretours.com.au/the-big-trek-days-road-trip-sydney-to-sydney-australia-2/
But we will see - Im pretty such that I wont be out here the whole 8 months. Now im here it's absolutely fabulous but just an unrealistic target that I have set myself. The tour would last 42 days then I would be making my flight over to New Zealand.
Just sitting in the library at the minute after walking from the hostel (found a much easier & quicker route!) and got completely hoodwinked by two christian aussies who I ended up having a quite in-depth half an hour conversation with about God ! It was totally bizarre.
Another early night for Liane after slathering herself in moisturising cream to stop from peeling - fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment