Friday 26 March 2010

city tour

26/03/10
Helloo there UK-ers :) Soo.. begin from the beginning.. pretty easy flight over to Dubai where I swapped flights and headed straight to Sydney. The flight really started to lag after the first 10 hours :| Thank god for in-flight entertainment! Disney films kept me going pretty happily for a while! It was really strange when we finally flew over the first bit of Aussie land, Perth area, and still had another 4 hours to go just to get to the other side of the country.

Had a bit of a treck at the airport when I arrived and have come to the ultimate conclusion that Australian signs are rubbish! Finally arrived last night at Wakeup Sydney hostel...
Got into my room and the guys already in there were still awake so chatted to them for a while and found out some handy info on the hostel. Thank god they’re relatively normal human beings! Jake and Liv, the couple from UK and Rachael travelling with them. Jack the Scottsman with the extreme accent! And the guy who was in the bed next to me Charles who is covered in awesome tattoos who left the hostel this morning. 
Apparently there’s two girls from Cambridge and two guys aswell who I haven’t really met yet.
Had a really unsettled weird night’s sleep last night but feeling surprisingly awake today! Had a bit of a wobbly this morning after realising that I was actually in Australia completely on my own – I blame extreme sleep deprivation and not the fact that I am indeed just a complete woos! Went to the Hostel’s cafe and drugged myself up with coffee and met a really nice couple whose names escape me now who had also pretty much only just arrived aswell.
Got myself onto the hostels City Orientation tour this afternoon and ended up walking around Sydney for 4 hours. It was pretty amazing but some idiot forgot to put on her sun lotion and now resembles a ripe tomato :( Boo. The tour was well worth doing and walked via China Town - Darling Harbour – Sydney Harbour – Botanical Gardens – Hyde Park.

Seeing the Harbour Bridge and Opera House was brilliant :) unfortunately was only a brief look but will be going back there within the week to possibly do the bridge walk. Sydney Harbour & Botanical Gardens were pretty awesome. In the gardens there was a really high pitched screaming sound which turned out to be trees and tress of thousands of bats in the middle of the day in bright sunlight – it was so bizarre.

Think am going to have a little mid-day snooze now as am seriously lagging! Then me and some of the guys in my room are going to have a little drink and maybe venture into the hostel bar this evening if im still in the world of the living tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment