Tuesday 4 May 2010

Wonderful Welly

3/5/10
Walked outside this morning in literally the freezing cold!! I hadn’t felt cold like that since I had left the UK! It was so bad I could see my breath in the shower room! Another big driving day today into Wellington.. on the way through Welly we saw sights such as the view over the city from the top of Mt Victoria, the cinema where all the Lord of the Rings premiers were held and a fountain that Eliyah Wood allegedly peed in (?)
Our hostel, ‘Nomads’ was pretty naff actually even though it had been recommended to us by our tour guide but at least I was only staying there for 1 night. All 4 of us managed to get a room together which made it better and in the evening as it was our last night together we decided to go out for a nice meal and then found ANOTHER Irish bar where we once again drank beer and played pool :D I see a running theme here... me and Simon left early as both of us had to wake up super early. Poppy and Mark are leaving to go down to the South like me but are doing it one day behind me, Simon is staying in the North island and heading back to Columbia in a few weeks and me.. well... the Magic bus isn’t running tomorrow so I need to sort out my own transport and ferry ride over to the South island which is fine but just means more expenditure! Regardless of the crappy dirty hostel room, I had a really good nights sleep due to being ridiculously tired from all the touring around!
                                                 
Walk around Wellington harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment