Tuesday 4 May 2010

tea tray

1/5/10
Went down for my freee breakfast in the hostel then booked myself into a tour at the Kiwi Reserve – I was a little bit disappointed with it all to be honest. I would pay to go again just because I wanted to see a real life Kiwi bird – they’re such odd creatures and have the crappest survival techniques of any animal I have ever encountered! But for what I paid to go on the tour there wasn’t that much to it unfortunately. After the reserve I went Luge-ing :D which really picked my day up! Basically.. imagine a tea tray on wheels with a handle bar you pull forward to go faster and pull back to brake.. then imagine that tea tray hurtling down the side of a mountain :D
It was a really cool afternoon actually then in the evening me and Simon went to the hostel bar and drank beer and played pool. We also met an English couple from Reading who were travelling together who had previously been to Asia who were also catching the ‘Magic’ bus the next day to Taupo.

No comments:

Post a Comment